Face mask (face pack) is the new normal to get healthy glowing skin at home. Let us count the ways we love face mask – 1. Herbal face mask 2. Sheet mask 3. Clay mask 4. K-beauty mask 5. Charcoal mask and 6. LED light therapy mask and so on. On lazy days when you are not in the mood to make DIY face masks and just want to chill on the couch, celebrities-approved LED masks are your best rescue. But for the other days when you really want to give your skin some much needed TLC, make the best face mask at home using the natural ingredients available in your kitchen and garden.
If unsure how to make the best face mask at home and how to use face mask, try these homemade face mask recipes that come from skincare experts and beauty bloggers alike.
Benefits of face mask:
Before you uncover how to make DIY hydrating face pack, let’s first know the benefits of using homemade face masks.
- The best face mask helps hydrate skin and removes skin impurities.
- Face masks also help lightens dark spots, blemishes and tan.
- Use homemade face masks to improve the appearance of acne and scars.
- Face mask works wonder to remove excess oil and reveal healthy glowing skin.
- One of the biggest benefits of using the best face pack/mask is to enjoy getting the spa-like treatment at the comfort of your home.
1. Banana face mask
It is one of the best face pack for oily skin. The calcium, potassium, soluble fibres and magnesium available in bananas work wonders on oily skin. It helps exfoliate skin, slough off dead skin cells and unclog pores, leaving your skin soft, supple and shiny.
Banana, lemon, honey
How to make DIY banana face pack?
- Mash a banana in a bowl.
- Add a few drops of lemon and a tablespoon of honey to it.
- Mix it well and apply the pack to the face.
- Let it dry for 15 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
2. Turmeric face mask
Turmeric is a century old ingredient available in every Indian kitchen and used as a home remedy to treat various skin concerns. No wonder, filled with the goodness of medicinal properties, turmeric helps reduce blemishes, treat scars and reveal glowing skin.
Turmeric, lemon juice,
How to make DIY turmeric face mask?
- Take 1 tablespoon of turmeric in a bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons of lemon juice to it.
- Mix both ingredients well to form a thick consistency.
- Apply it to the face and neck
- Let it sit for 15-20 minutes and rinse off with water.
3. Chocolate face mask:
Oh so cool!!! You love chocolates, your skin too!! Rich in antioxidants, chocolates delay ageing signs, moisturize the skin and protect it from damage caused by free radicals.
Cocoa powder, honey, oats, cream
How to make DIY Chocolate face mask?
- Take an equal amount of cocoa powder and honey in a bowl (half a cup of both).
- Add 4 tablespoons of cream and 3 tablespoons of oats to it.
- Mix all the ingredients well to form a paste.
- Apply it to the face and wait for 10 minutes to dry.
- Rinse off with normal water.
4. Clay mask (Multani Mitti)
Multani mitti (Fuller’s earth) is one of the best DIY face mask for glowing skin. Known for its cooling properties, this clay mask helps reduce dark spots, fade blemishes and gives natural glowing skin.
Multani mitti, honey, curd, mint leaves
How to make DIY clay mask?
- Take a tablespoon of Multani mitti powder in a bowl.
- Add a half tablespoon of honey, some curd and crushed mint leaves.
- Mix them well and apply the face pack to the targeted area.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and rinse off with water.
5. Aloe vera face mask
Aloe vera is a well-known ingredient used in skincare regimen for centuries. When mixed with other ingredients like almond oil, it forms one of the best face masks for dry skin. Packed with the goodness of vitamin E, almond oil helps nourish the skin while aloe vera soothes, heals and moisturizes the skin. So, no more hassle of dry and damaged skin, take care of skin dryness and flakiness with an aloe vera face mask.
Aloe vera, almond oil,
How to make DIY aloe vera face mask?
- Take fresh aloe vera gel in a bowl.
- Add some almond oil to it and mix them well.
- Apply the mixture to the clean face and neck.
- Let it sit there for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water and pat dry.
6. Papaya face mask
With its high content of Vitamin A and C, papaya is a good fruit not only for health but also for the skin. When combined with the herbal remedy honey, the papaya face pack works wonders to fade dark spots, reduce blemishes and clear skin impurities.
Papaya, honey, milk
How to make papaya face mask?
- Mash 8-10 cubes of papaya in a bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of milk to it.
- Mix all the ingredients well to form a paste-like consistency.
- Apply it evenly to the face and neck.
- Let it dry for 10-15 minutes before washing it off.
7. Tomato face mask:
Tomato is one such ingredient that you can easily find in your kitchen fridge. When combined with the goodness of lemon juice, tomato forms one of the best face masks for glowing skin. It helps treat sun-damaged skin, reduce tan and brighten skin.
Tomato, lemon juice
How to make DIY tomato face pack?
- Take a fresh tomato and form a puree of it.
- Mix the puree with some lemon juice.
- Apply the paste to the targeted area.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes and then rinse off.
8. Honey milk face mask:
Rich in antibacterial properties, honey is a natural homemade face mask for acne and dull skin. Milk also helps cleanse and brighten the skin, resulting in a radiant glow from within.
Honey and milk
How to make DIY honey milk face mask?
- Take 1 tablespoon of lukewarm milk.
- Add some honey to it and mix it well.
- Apply the paste to the cleansed face and neck.
- Let it dry for 10 – 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with water and pat dry.
9. Green tea face mask
Green tea is good not only for your physique but for your skin too. Add green tea to your daily skin care routine to stay benefited both internally and externally. When used as a mask, green tea serves as the best face mask for oily skin.
Green tea, yoghurt, essential oil
How to make DIY green tea face mask?
- Take two tablespoons of green tea powder in a bowl.
- Add some yoghurt and a few drops of essential oil to it.
- Mix them well to form a paste-like consistency.
- Apply it evenly to the face and neck.
- Rinse it off after a while and pat dry.
10. Ubtan face mask
Rich in anti-inflammatory and healing properties, Ubtan face mask is a tried and tested home remedy, used from generations to brighten and whiten skin at home. It helps cleanse the skin, unclog pores, remove tan and get glowing skin.
Gram flour, turmeric, lemon juice, rose water
How to make DIY Ubtan face mask at home?
- Take one tablespoon of gram flour (besan) in a bowl.
- Add one teaspoon of turmeric, some lemon juice and rose water to it.
- Mix all the ingredients well and form a paste.
- Apply the face pack to your face and neck.
- Let it dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water and pat dry.
These are some of the most popular types of face masks used widely by men and women alike to get healthy glowing skin at home. Depending on your skin type and the specific concern you want to target, you can find the best face mask for you. Within a couple of regular usage of these best homemade face mask for glowing skin, you will experience a noticeable difference soon, in the way your skin looks and feels.