Living a hale and hearty life and never having to get diagnosed with cancer is something that everyone wishes for. Nobody would ever want to deal with the agony that comes with this deadly disease even in their worst nightmare. However, life has not been so dreamy to everyone.
Here are some facts that indicate that anyone can fall prey to cancer.
- Cancer is one of the leading causes of demise worldwide, accounting for 1 in 6 deaths in 2018.
- 1 in 5 men and 1 in 6 women develop some form of cancer during their lifetime.
- 1 in 8 men and 1 in 11 women succumb before death due to this disease.
- There are 100+ types of cancer recognized in medical science.
- The number of cancer cases in India may increase to 7 lacks by 2025.
Despite these heart-threatening facts, what brings peace of mind to many is the availability of cancer treatment.
So, the best way to steer away from the financial and emotional tumult that comes with the disease is to buy a cancer insurance plan today. I know you might ask: why do I need to buy a cancer insurance plan? Is purchasing a cancer insurance plan be beneficial to me? Why not buy a critical illness plan/regular health insurance policy instead? Etc.
Well, the answer is simple. You must buy a cancer insurance plan if:
- Your regular health insurance doesn’t cover cancer.
- You have insufficient financial backup to pay for the high cancer treatment costs.
- You want to use your savings to fulfil your dreams instead of spending on cancer treatment.
Here are some other reasons that will help you make a wise decision of buying a cancer insurance policy today:
Cancer insurance plans are reasonable as compared to any regular health policy.
Most of the cancer insurance policies are available online with good deals and discounts. So, when you can get life-saving plans at affordable prices online, why risk your savings by not having one?
No need for hospitalization:
You need not get hospitalized to claim your cancer policy. The entire cancer cover is paid on detection only.
Buy one cancer plan and get covered for the various types of cancers. However, before you buy a plan, make sure what forms of cancers your policy covers because most of the plans exclude certain types of cancers.
Exorbitant treatment costs coverage:
Depending on the type, stage, and severity of cancer, you may need to pay high treatment costs for chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery, etc. A cancer insurance plan provides coverage against all these expenses.
Your cancer insurance plan allows you to avail of tax redemption also.
Cancer lies in the family history:
If you have a family history of cancer, it highly increases your risk of getting diagnosed with the disease later in life. In that case, you must opt for buying a cancer insurance plan.
These are just a few of the many reasons that will help you make a wise decision to buy a cancer insurance plan today.