Who could say no to a pampering session full of facial treatment and spa time? The feeling of getting that much “me time” at a salon and coming back home with relaxed and rejuvenated skin is unbeatable. But sometimes our hectic lifestyle and heavy facial price don’t give us enough time and money to take a salon facial.
The good news is that you can give yourself a spa-like facial at home. 😍 But do you know how to do a facial at home? The right steps of facial treatment not just stimulate skin cells, reduce aging signs, and deliver healthy glowing skin but also relieve stress, giving you younger-looking skin from within. Aren’t you excited to know professional facial steps and give your skin the royal spa treatment at home?
So, let’s get started with the seven easy steps of facial and get the envious glowing skin you’ve been longing for. But first some facial preparation tips for a divine experience.
Preparation for a Better Facial Experience
Prepare yourself for a DIY facial at home and make it a better experience.
- Preparation: Roll on your sleeves, pull your hair back, and throw it in a headband.
- Atmosphere: Create a relaxing atmosphere. Keep your mobile and all other e-devices in “Do-Not-Disturb” mode. Play some good music and light an aromatic candle.
- Skin Analysis: Figure out the skin concern you want to address like aging signs, acne, blackheads, whiteheads, sun damage, etc.
- Products: Choose the best facial kit like gold facial, teen facial, hydra facial, fruit facial, anti-aging facial, bridal facial, etc. keeping your skin type, age and concern in mind. Once you’ve found the right facial kit for you, move on to following the steps of facial.
GlamUp Gallery Suggests,
It is good to get a facial at night. At night, the skin is in relaxing and repairing mode, and in the daytime, it is in a protective way. So, nighttime is the best time to get your skin some extra love it deserves.
Woohoo 😍 Can’t wait to know how to do facials at home and get the glowing skin of dreams! Let’s get started
How to Do A Facial at Home – 6 Easy Steps of DIY Facial
Step 1: Cleanse Well
The first step starts with cleansing your skin thoroughly. It will help kick off makeup residue, deep-seated dirt, oil, grime, and other beauty product build-up. Also, it will allow deeper penetration of products into the skin. So, it is highly crucial to start the facial steps at home with a clean canvas.
Face Cleansing Steps
- Start face clean up steps with cleansing wipes to wipe off any makeup residue from the face and neck.
- Now, pick an oil-based cleanser like olive oil or coconut oil to wipe all traces of dirt from the eyes, lips, neck, and other areas.
- Lastly, cleanse your face using a mild foam cleanser and gently massage the skin in a circular motion for 30-60 seconds.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
Avoid using products with artificial preservatives, alcohol, and fragrances as they can irritate and dry skin.
Step 2: Exfoliate Gently
The next step in your DIY facial treatment is exfoliation. It helps slough away dead skin cells while revealing the fresher skin within.
Face Exfoliation Steps
- Take a pea-sized amount of a mild face scrub.
- Rub it gently on your face and neck in a circular motion for 2-5 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Exfoliate essentially on the chin and nose area to kick away all the impurities and blackheads seated deep in the pores.
Step 3: Massage Your Face
Here comes the most fun, relaxing, and crucial step of facials: Face massage. No types of facial treatments are complete without face massage steps. Face massage benefits include stimulating blood circulation, improving muscle tone, reducing tension in the face and neck area, as well as promoting relaxation.
Face Massage Steps:
- Dampen your palm and take enough amount of face massage cream. Apply it to your face and gently massage it in soft, circular swipes. Increase the pressure gradually for a divine experience.
- Start from the middle of your forehead, moving towards the temples, then cheekbones, nose, chin, and jawline. Knead your skin with knuckles between the eyebrows and move towards the hairline. Apply the same knuckle technique for the chin also, moving them upward across the jawline. Use your middle and index finger to contour your nose. Place your palms underneath your cheekbones and massage gently in a circular motion towards the hairline.
- Keep the massage strokes in an upward and outward direction, never down. The upward motion assists in firming and face lift while downward can result in saggy skin. Use your knuckles, fingertips, and jade or quartz rollers for the best results. Also, pat your skin lightly from time to time.
- Repeat each stroke pattern 5-7 times
- Focus on your laugh lines and frown lines, making sure to massage the area around the lower nose and upper lip.
- Don’t forget to massage the neck area in vertical strokes, starting from the collarbone and working towards your face in an upward direction.
- Wash your face with water after 10-15 minutes of massage.
GlamUp Gallery suggests
As you massage, take deep breaths to further relax your body. Face massage can be done daily or as needed to help reduce stress and tension in the face and neck area.
Step 4: Face Steam
It’s time for face steam! The benefits of steaming face include pore cleaning and making the skin more absorbent for the products that will follow. Also, heat that comes out of the steam benefits the face as it relaxes and moisturizes the skin. If you have oily or acne-prone skin, this step can do wonders. Add a few drops of essential oil like rose oil, or lavender oil for a salon-like experience. To bless your skin from the benefits of an aromatherapy treatment, you can also add some green tea or rosemary to the water.
Face Steam Steps
- Boil some water in a pot and then lean over it.
- Cover your head with a towel and lean over it to make sure the heat is trapped and your skin gets the steam.
- Take the towel off every now and then if you need some air.
- Take face steam for 5-10 minutes.
Do face steaming only for 5–10 minutes to avoid the risk of dehydration.
Step 5: Face Mask
It is time to feed your skin some extra nourishment and bring back the moisture that exfoliating and steaming would have taken away. And a face mask is an excellent way to give your skin the nourishment, moisturization, and radiance it needs. You can pick your favorite store-bought mask or use one available in the facial kit. Alternatively, you can also use a sheet mask, peel-off mask, rubber mask or make your DIY homemade face mask using natural ingredients from your kitchen.
To know more, check out: 10 best face mask recipes you can make at home to get glowing skin
- Apply the DIY face pack evenly to your face.
- Leave on the mask for 10-15 minutes and use a damp washcloth to wipe your face.
- Avoid wiping or rinsing off your face if you are using a sheet mask. Let your skin absorb the serum.
- Place rose water-soaked cotton pads or chilled cucumber slices on your eyes for a better experience.
Never leave face packs on for more than the suggested period of time (max 30 minutes) else they can dehydrate your skin.
Step 6: Protection and Treatment
Wrap up your 7 steps of facial treatment at home with some essential skin care products: toner, serums, moisturizers, etc.
- Toner acts as a vehicle to penetrate the final products deep into your skin.
- Serum soothes your skin and targets skin concerns.
- Eye cream helps correct any concerns around the eye area.
- A lip balm adds moisture and nourishes the lip area.
- Moisturizer hydrates and nourishes the skin.
GlamUp Gallery Says,
You may also use under-eye patches, micro needle rollers, and LED light therapy masks in this step to get the glowing skin of your dreams.
Best facial tips for a better experience
|Precautions||During Facial Treatment||Aftercare|
|Secure the hair with a headband and bobby pins before starting facial steps.||Always be gentle with your skin and gradually increase pressure when do face massage||Don’t wear makeup right after the facial. Let your skin breathe.|
|Wear a bathrobe or a deep-necked T-shirt to avoid any mess.||Don’t leave the products on your skin for more than the suggested time.||Avoid going outside at least for an hour after the facial.|
|Keep yourself off from all the distracting elements like mobiles, laptops, etc.||Take out a minimum of 1-2 hours for a facial.||Follow a specific skin care routine to maintain your skin health.|
|Create a relaxing atmosphere to get a salon-like experience at home.||Follow each step of facial carefully to avoid any mess and get healthy glowing skin.||Go for facials once or twice a month.|
Benefits of Facial:
Gliding your fingers over your face and enjoying a divine feeling is simply bliss. Even if you follow a specific skin care routine daily, getting a facial treatment once in a while can make all the difference. It will take your skincare game to the next level, keeping it soft, silky, and smooth.
No matter if you have any skin concerns such as blemishes, blackheads, acne, pigmentation, dark circles, large pores on face, etc., or not, a facial is a way to feed your skin with luxury treatment, keeping it healthy and problem free. What’s more? Facials help you regain your confidence in getting healthy glowing skin.
A facial is a multi-step way to take 360-degree care of your skin.
Here are the top 6 benefits of facials that say you should get a facial today!
- Increase Blood Circulation: Facials help stimulate blood circulation under the skin, which helps decrease puffiness and promote skin health.
- Deep Cleanses the Skin: Getting a facial helps remove the accumulation of oil and deep-seated dirt, leaving you with healthy glowing skin.
- Treat Acne and Blemishes: Facials help treat acne and scars. Use the best facial for acne-prone skin to control acne, reduce facial scars and prevent future breakouts.
- Relieve Stress: Face massage helps reduce anxiety and uplifts mood. How? Your face has countless numbers of pressure points and when you do face massage, these points are tapped and your body responds for improved well-being both physical and mental.
- Relaxation: Getting a facial treatment is not just rejuvenating and relaxing for the skin, but also for the brain.
- Delays Aging: A monthly facial massage helps promote collagen production and strengthen facial muscles, resulting in reduced wrinkles and fine lines while delivering softer smoother skin.
- Doing a facial at home is an inexpensive and fun way to keep your skin healthy and glowing.
- With the right steps and the right products in the right order, anyone can get a spa-like facial treatment at home.
- A deep understanding of your skin along with the effective ingredients will make your DIY facial experience a success.
Hey beauties, we hope you have got your answer to how to do facials at home! So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to get started with the multi-steps of facial.