Personal care is a segment that is open to everyone to improve their appearance. Gone are the days when this domain used to be reserved only for the fair sex. Now, personal grooming is widely accepted by men also and rapidly evolving across the world. Men’s body grooming has come a long way since the days of a simple shower, shave, and some splash of cologne. However, for some men, grooming is still an ordeal and they constantly look for the best men grooming tips to get started with their grooming game.
Keeping this in mind, Glam Up Gallery presents a complete man grooming guide and the best men grooming tips to help you get your groom on.
1. Skin Care/Face Care Tips
When a girl does it, why don’t you? A guy’s skin requires just as much care as a woman’s. No matter what, take good care of your skin.
Cleansing is good but exfoliating is equally essential. You should exfoliate your face once or twice a week. It will help remove dead skin cells, improve skin tone, provide a radiant look as well as leave your face feeling softer, smoother, and brighter.
- Make sure to use a man-friendly face wash every morning and an exfoliator every weekend.
- Use a nose strip once a month. It will help remove blackheads and whiteheads.
- Drink a minimum of 2 liters of water every day to keep your skin hydrated and nourished. Use a good skincare cream before stepping out.
Related Article: Essential Steps of Skin Care Routine For Men
2. Eye Care Tips
The skin around the eyes is very delicate. It needs extra attention else it will start creasing and you will experience puffy eyes, wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of aging soon. Hey, don’t get scared! Keep these frowning signs at bay by following two easy tips.
- Use eye cream every morning and night.
- Take at least 6-7 hours of sleep to avoid dark circles and puffy eyes.
3. Hair Care Tips
Haircutting, shampooing, conditioning, and oiling are regular lifestyle practices for men in India. But hair styling is such an important area that they often ignore it as they don’t know: how to do it. What style will suit them? What hair styling products should they use? And so on.
- If your hair is fine and short and you want to add volume and texture to them, I will suggest you avoid using heavier hair products like creams. It will weigh down your hair. Instead, it would be best if you try styling your hair with waxes and gels.
- Wax is fine for thick hair also but avoid using it if your hair is curly as it will clump. For curly hair, you can try using a non-water-based pomade.
- If you are still unsure, consult with your hairstyling expert.
Also Read: Top 9 hair care products to regrow hair naturally
4. Shaving Tips
Shaving is the first thing that almost every guy excels at. Not you? Worry not! This 3 steps guide to beard trimming will help you get your gentleman on.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser. It will help expand skin pores, soften the hairs, and prevent skin irritation.
- Apply plenty of shaving cream all across the area you want to shave. Now, gently slide your razor to remove the unwanted hair.
- After shaving, don’t forget to apply moisturizer or an after-shaving lotion to soothe the skin.
- Also, you can buy men’s grooming set to get started in your beard trimming game.
Shave after a shower or in a shower as it will help soften your facial hair and decrease irritation.
5. Hand Care Tips
When it comes to personal grooming, guys often overlook their hands. But it shouldn’t be. Be it a romantic date or a business meeting, your hands are the first thing that creates an impression. From proposing your lady love to a confident handshake, your hands always come first to make an impression on you. Do you want this impression to be like – your hands are cracked and chapped, and your nails are dirty, jagged, and chipped?
Of course not! Use a couple of men grooming products for well-groomed yet masculine hands.
- Hand Cream: Yes, you read it right. Hand care cream is not just reserved for girls. Even guys who do constant physical work should use hand lotion or cream to avoid infections, cracked skin, and unsightly sores. Also, it will help keep your hands reinvigorated and allow you to make the right impression the next time you shake or hold someone’s hands.
- Nail Scissors and Nail Brush: Take a little trouble trimming and cleaning your nails regularly. These are the essentials to keep your nails trimmed, measured, cleaned, and give a polished look.
Related Article: A guide on hand care routine and hand care tips!
6. Dressing Tips
“First impression is the last impression”, and dressing well comes first in creating that impression. Dressing well doesn’t mean wearing exclusive attire and flaunting expensive accessories. Sometimes a clean ironed shirt teamed up with well-fitted trousers and polished shoes are all enough to create a statement in the crowd. If possible, match the shoes with your belt.
Here all I mean to state is that dress well but don’t show off. Don’t forget, simplicity is a timeless style statement for males.
7. Posture Correction Tips
Boost your self-confidence with a proper posture. Stand straight and take a deep breath. Repeat the same for few times before the mirror to bring it in the practice. Standing straight will help you look taller, improve your confidence and enhance your appearance. Standing and sitting with a good posture also makes you feel good, relaxed, confident, and focused. Some poor poses can give you body pain and a belly profile also.
8. Fitness Tips
The pain you feel today, will be the strength you feel tomorrow. So, pay the needful attention to maintain your fitness. Set an achievable fitness goal, plan your activities accordingly, and start acting on the same to bring out the best version of yourself. You may not like it while doing it, but you will love the achieved result. Doing a proper workout as per your age and physical ability will help you to look better, increase your self-esteem, boost your happiness level, and gain a favorable appearance.
If you are unsure about setting and achieving your fitness goal, head out to a gym or consult with a fitness trainer.
You May Also Like: How To Lose Belly Fat – Reasons, Solutions & Diet Plan
9. Oral Hygiene Tips
Maintaining oral hygiene is one of the most important men grooming tips. Keep your breath fresh. Don’t overlook it. All your efforts of dressing well, styling hair, trimming nails, moisturizing skin, etc. will go in vain if your mouth stinks. Bad breath will throw water on your entire effort of self-grooming.
Follow these simple oral hygiene tips to freshen your breath:
- Keep the bacteria out of your mouth with the regular use of mouthwash.
- Swill around warm saline water in your mouth. Repeat the process 5-6 times and the salt will rinse away the harmful bacteria.
- Chewing on cloves will also help kick off the harmful bacteria in your mouth and freshen your breath.
- Also, keep a small box of mints in your inside pocket and chew a few of them in between your routine.
10. Smile Care Tips
Smile is the best grooming panacea. You are never fully groomed without an impressive smile. Your smile is one of the most effective ways you can use to impress someone. And your brighter teeth and healthier gums play a pivotal role to add zing to that smile. Thus, for successful smile grooming, you must pay extra attention to maintaining the health and shine of your teeth.
- Manual brushing is okay but with teeth telling so much about your smile, using an electric toothbrush is a real necessity.
- To whiten and brighten your teeth, you can use baking soda. It is a real teeth-whitening agent. Just apply it to your teeth using your brush or finger. Let it sit there for a couple of minutes. Then brush habitually. It will not only remove surface stains but also leave your mouth feeling fresh.
11. Lip Care Tips
Smile grooming is incomplete without lip care. Of course, you will never want to draw someone’s attention to your dry and chapped lips. Would you? Well, for healthy and beautiful-looking lips, be sure to moisturize them daily. You can use lip balm or lip tint to get your dream lips that will complement your smile.
Discover It: Lip Care – Be Kiss Ready!
12. Bodycare Tips
There is nothing more refreshing than taking a hot/cold shower. A shower is probably one of the only times, a man takes out for self-care. It’s truly a luxury to have relaxed for 5-10 minutes every morning to freshen up your body.
- Before you take a shower, use a detoxing mask on your face once or twice a week. It will help draw out dirt and impurities and make your skin healthier.
- Use a man-friendly body wash and a loofah to exfoliate your body. A shower will reinvigorate your body grooming immediately.
- Do you pay attention below your knees in the shower? Many men overlook it. Scrub your feet when in the shower at least once a week if not every day. It will help sand away hard and rough skin on your feet and leave your feet looking great.
13. Fragrance Care Tips
Finding your right signature scent is truly a blessing for any man out there. Aftershave, deodorants, and colognes are meant to compliment a guy’s masculine appeal. So, choose your perfumes wisely.
- Make sure the perfume isn’t so strong that it may cause a headache to people. And if you like a strong one, use it sparingly.
- Instead of owning 9-10 average scents, find your classic one and invest in it.
- Citrus-based and lighter ones are better suited for summer whereas woody, spicy, and herby scents work best in the winter.
Bonus Men Grooming Tips
Remember, all the grooming tips for men mentioned above are of no use if you don’t follow the basics:
- Keep your body parts clean. A regular shower is a must.
- Use deodorant to steer away from body odor.
- Trim your nails regularly.
- Use mint to freshen your breath.
There is nothing bad in looking good. Break the stereotype and start grooming yourself now. Try these awesome men grooming tips and you will notice the difference between you and your peers soon.
Look Good, Smell Good, Feel Good!
Related Article: 14 Best Groom Makeup Tips That Every Man Should Know